Friday, December 28, 2012

I haven't posted in a while but I thought I should post an update on the GPX Tire Case.

I had thought the matter was closed once this judgement was handed down. I was under the impression that all China (NME) anti-dumping and countervailing cases from commerce would be remanded. In my article

However, I didn't follow the lobbying effort. After this case was decided the courts were over ruled by Congress. I found out about it from an article written here. Congresspassed a law retroactively allowing commerce to asses countervailing and anti-dumping duties on NME (mostly Chinese) imports.

So after that China has just filed with the WTO. the case was just started on December 17th 2012. Case DS449 will now run its long and winding course. It will be a long time before the case is heard. Longer before an decision. Then an appeal is likely followed by potential sanctions. After the sanctions then it will be up to the Executive Branch to change its policy back to Georgetown Steel Corp. v. United States, 801 F.2d 1308 (Fed. Cir. 1986).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to share these very interesting posts with us. I found the details you provide very helpful. Have a great rest of your day.
    Lawyer Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete