- Appellate Body issues compliance report on US-Japan “zeroing” dispute. Upholds panalfindings that the US is still not in compliance with regards to obligation on antidumping.
- Zhejiang Native Produce & Animal By-Prods. Imp. & Exp. Corp. v. United States: Challenge to the 5th administrative review of Honey from China. The commerce department erred in not allowing Zhejang a specific company review rather than a country wide rate.
Federal Register Notices
Foreign Asset Control Office
- Designation of Entities (Pursuant to Executive Order 13382) The new list can be found at the agencies web site
- Change in address for ANTARES SHIPPING COMPANY NV (f.k.a. IRISL Benelux NV), Noorderlaan 139, B-2030, Antwerp, Belgium; V.A.T. Number BE480224531 (Belgium) [NPWMD]
International Trade Administration.
- Trade Remedies:
- Carbazole Violet Pigment 23 from India: Countervailing: Preliminary results deadline for the administrative review for the period of calendar 2007 pushed back from 245 days to 365 days. They are now due December 31st 2009 from September 2 2009.
- Certain Circular Welded Non-Alloy Steel Pipe and Tube from Mexico: Antidumping Final results of changed circumstances review. Determined that Ternium is the same as Hylsa for dumping deposit rates. Ternium will get Hysla's 10.38% cash deposit rate.
- Frozen Warmwater Shrimp from Vietnam: Antidumping: Final results of changed circumstance review for several entities.
- Honey from the People’s Republic of China: Antidumping 7th administrative review. The department extends the deadline for preliminary results two months to November 2 from September 2 2009 becuase it needs more time to evaluate the data from surrogate countries.
- Light-Walled Rectangular Pipe and Tube from Mexico: Antidumping Final results of changed circumstances review. Determined that Ternium is the same as Hylsa for dumping deposit rates. Ternium will get Hysla's 3.76% cash deposit rate.
- Petroleum Wax Candles from the People's Republic of China: Antidumping Request for comments on the scope of the antidumping order. Change could include candles there were not previous in the scope. This could be a big change for importers of candles. Comments due Date September 16th 2009.
- Polyester Staple Fiber from Taiwan: Antidumping Administrative review. Petitioner withdrew it's request for review of Nan Ya Plastics Corporation. Antidumping. Rescision of administrative review of Saehan and its successor Woogjon.
- Polyethylene Retail Carrier Bags from Indonesia, Taiwan, and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam: Antidumping Preliminary determination date postmponement. Peitioners requested a 42 day postponement for Tiawan and a 50 day postponement for Indonesia and Vietnam.
- Wooden Bedroom Furniture. Antidumping: Final results of yearly administrative review. POR Jan 1st 2007 to December 31st 2007. Most new shippers reviewed received 29% dumping rates new PRC wide rate shot up to 219% for the period most companies were not reviewed got to keep their 7% rates from the cash deposit. Some CIT action still to shake out with this case. See last weeks CIT rulings.
- Other Related:
- Energy Efficiency Trade Mission to India, November 16th to 20th
- Certain Textile Articles Containing Acrylic and Modacrylic Fibers: Effect of Modifications of NAFTA Rules of Origin for Goods of Canada Institution of investigation. Request for comments from interested parties due date October 2nd 2009.
- Certain Textile Articles Containing Rayon and Other Manmade Fibers; Institution of investigation. Request for comments from interested parties due date October 2nd 2009.
- Woven Electric Blankets From China: Antidumping: Prelimary finding of injury.
- Certain Ink Cartridges and Components: Termination of enforcement procedings: Multi-million dollar civil penalties handed down.
Economic Development Administration
- List of firms petitioning for Trade Adjustment Assistance
- Container Transport: Lloyds Register America Inc. Has authority to certify containers for international transport under customs seal. American Bureau of Shipping, International Cargo Gear Bureau, and National Cargo Bureau, Inc. have authorty to certify containers and road vehicles.
- Quarterly interst rate for under payments 4%, over payments by non-corporations 4%, over payments by corporations 3%.
- Proposed Revocation Rulings: MP3 player cases with speakers. from 8518 to 4202
- Revocation of rulings for DNA Sequencing machienry from 9027 to 8479.
- Modification on ruling letters for satilite radio tuners.